- Personal information. We may collect personal information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register WebSafety accounts, subscribe to any service such as a newsletter, use the Products and Services, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available. For example, we may collect information such as the User’s location or behavior. WebSafety may also collect, as appropriate, name, company name, date of birth, email address, photos (e.g., photos of children for alert organization of your alerts relating to them), phone number, address, device type, and apps installed on device. If you elect to opt out and prevent our collection and use of this information, do not visit this Site and do not install or use any Products and Services.
- Application and Service-Related information. In order to provide WebSafety products and services, WebSafety software automatically gathers and stores information for parents to monitor smart phone usage and communications by and to their children. In this process, personal information may be stored, for example through tracking of SMS texts, phone apps, location information, social media photos and comments, curfew settings, subscription type, notification preferences, parent and child photo or avatar, and notification logs. Please see the EULA at com/terms for more details on data collected and used by WebSafety software.
- Non-personal information. We may collect non-personal information about Users whenever they interact with our Site or use the Products and Services. For purposes of this policy, non-personal information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- Do not track. WebSafety does not use technology that recognizes and complies with a “do not track” signal from a web browser.
- How we use collected information. WebSafety may collect and use Users’ information for, inter alia, the following purposes:
– To provide our Products and Services to you
We may use User’s information to proide our Products and Services to facilitate updates and support for our Products and Services.
– To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
– To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the Products and Services and resources provided on our Site.
– To improve our Site and Products and Services
We may use feedback you provide to improve our Site and Products and Services.
– To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send information to Users and to send updates pertaining to Users’ orders or accounts. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. Users may receive emails that may include company news, updates, or related Product and Service information, etc.
– To comply with the law
7. How we protect your information. We adopt reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, and disclosure of personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored by WebSafety. The Site uses SSL protocols and digital signatures. Although we undertake commercially reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, and misuse of information, third parties may nevertheless unlawfully or clandestinely intercept or access information or other confidential transmissions. We also ask Users to carefully review their accounts and immediately report any unexpected activity to us and their issuing bank or credit card company. Additionally, we ask all Users to take measures to help protect personal information in their online accounts, including the following:
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer(s) and mobile device(s) to help prevent malware and viruses;
- Reset your account password;
- Use complex passwords (a minimum of 6 a1pha/numer1c cAsE sEnsitive characters);
- Do not use the same password on more than one website;
- Do not share your password with others;
- Password protect your personal mobile device(s); and
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal.
8. Sharing of information. We may disclose the information we collect from Users to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. We may also share information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified personal information about Users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
9. Third-Party Materials. This Site and the Products and Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties (“Third Party Materials”) or provide links to certain third party web sites. For example, Third Party Materials may provide insight to parents and other Users regarding techniques to further the safety and well-being of their children. By using the Site and the Products and Services, you acknowledge and agree that neither WebSafety nor its agents are responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, privacy practices, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or web sites. Neither WebSafety nor its agents warrant or endorse, nor do they assume and or have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any third party services, Third Party Materials or web sites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party Materials and links to other web sites, if any, are provided solely as a convenience to you.
WebSafety Products and Services can be obtained through using third-party platforms such as the Google Play Store and the App Store. Those platforms have their own policies and terms. Please carefully review and comply with these policies and terms when interacting with those platforms to obtain the Products and Services.
10. Children’s Information. Our Products and Services may provide parents access to the personal and confidential information of their children. You hereby represent that you are an authorized parent or guardian for any children you elect to track with the Products and Services and accordingly, you are authorized to access or view this information. Only those over the age of 18 may subscribe to our Products and Services. This Site and our Products and Services are not designed nor intended for use by children under the age of 13, except as they may be the subject of monitoring by their parents and/or guardians.
11. How to update your information. In order to change or update a User’s information, they may log in to their account using their password, navigate to “my account settings,” and then select the “edit,” “change,” or “edit profile” buttons that appear next to various types of information stored for the User. This process may not result in the deletion of previously-stored records but enables a User to update the presently used and displayed information for their account.
3415 S. Sepulveda Blvd Ste. 1250
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Last updated: April 13, 2018